Presented by Kate Gerbeau with BFBS Defence Analyst Christopher Lee, guest speakers include: Professor Michael Clarke, Professor Paul Rogers, Lucy Fisher and Simon Marks.
Issued discussed by the panel of experts include:
- The state of British defence at the end of 2019 – With a newly-elected government and a UK Prime Minister with a new mandate, we’ll be asking what this means for defence and the Armed Forces.
- Another big question – Who will join the armed forces of the future?
- The 2020 US Presidential Election – What does America want to do (or have to do) with its armed forces in the coming year? Where does the UK feature in these plans?
- Climate change – Sure to grab the headlines in 2020. But will nations start to take it more seriously as a threat to security?
- Current and future threats – What is the perceived national security threat as we go into 2020? What is the threat to NATO today?
How To Listen
Listen on BFBS Radio on 29 December 2019 at 18:00 (UK time).
Listen on BFBS Radio 2 on 29 December 2019 at 02:00 and 11am (UK time) and 1 January 2020 at 05:00.
Tune in to BFBS via DAB+ across the UK.
Listen online and via our radio App in the UK and overseas.
Hear BFBS also on FM in Scotland, Colchester, Salisbury Plain, Aldershot, Catterick, Brize Norton, Lisburn, Holywood and Aldergrove and Blandford Forum in the UK and on all overseas stations. On Sky Channel 0211/Freesat 786.